During a kitchen or bath remodel you’ve got plenty of decisions to make. Don’t let the decision-making process of selecting knobs and pulls for your doors and drawers keep you from making progress.
Selecting the best hardware for your cabinets is a way to express your personal style and taste. Whether you choose beautiful ornate handles and knobs, or a sleek and simple design, your cabinetry becomes immediately transformed by the kind of hardware you choose.
Shopping For Cabinet Hardware? 6 Features To Consider Before You Buy
With so many great options available on the market, how do you pick the types of knobs, handles and or drawer pulls that you want for your home? Here are 6 things to consider when shopping for cabinet hardware:
1. Price: The price of cabinet hardware ranges considerably and depends on many different factors including design, quality and materials. Figuring out how many pulls and knobs you need, setting a budget, and looking for options within your price range is a great way to start identifying your options.
2. Style: While the budget decision may be the first step in the process, you cannot forget the overall style and look you are going for with the hardware that you choose. Selecting your options based on the complimentary styles of your cabinets and flooring will help eliminate unattractive pieces. With so many unique options to choose from, style has become a defining factor in the kitchen hardware industry.
3. Material: Cabinet hardware is made from a huge assortment of materials. This includes stainless steel, pewter, porcelain, brass, glass, stone, wood, bronze, crystal, copper and marble. Make sure you choose a high-quality material that looks great with your cabinetry and also offers just the right look and function you want.
4. Shape: Whether you like square, rounded, oblong, rectangle or some other original shape, cabinet hardware comes in many different forms. Before settling on the first option that you like, explore different shapes to find just the right hardware for your cabinetry. And make sure to test out function too. You don’t have to compromise ease-of-use for an original look.
5. Durability: When you invest in new cabinetry for your kitchen or bathroom, you expect it to last a long time. Similarly, you want the hardware that you choose to be every bit as durable and long-lasting. Investing up front in kitchen hardware that you truly love will be an investment that rewards you time and again.
6. Installation: A final element to pay attention to when selecting your cabinet hardware involves installation. Before you make a purchase, be sure your selected pieces actually fit your cabinetry and that installation requires minimal effort. You don’t want your remodel to hinge on this one issue.
Shopping for hardware for your kitchen or bathroom cabinets is a lot of fun. Being aware of some of the factors that go into make a great decision will make your overall experience more positive. While cabinet hardware may seem like a small decision for a big kitchen or bathroom remodel, it is definitely helpful to understand your options. And for expert help and a beautiful selection of the best kitchen knobs, handles and pulls, stop by our store in Louisville, Kentucky. Call 502-241-9969 for more info.